Friday, October 23, 2009

A Classroom Awakening

October 22, 2009
8:45 am
LS216


I sit in the middle of a dull and eerie classroom;  the chairs surrounding me are cold and moist out of the absence of those who are supposed to sit in them. Its a Thursday today and the thought of it being the last academic day of the week gives out this trifling spark of deceitful happiness; A spark that stays a spark - never turns into even the most inconsequential flame.


Ever since I could remember, I have been doing the same thing on most days. Fifteen academic years felt like a constant struggle to get out of the routine I have been stuck with. The thing that changes once in a while are the classroom numbers and the people in it. 


It just came to me that I have not gotten anything grand out of that more than enough time to figure out things for myself. I am still a person of archaic ordinaryness - no kind of achievement with great importance; another nobody walking on the dense surface of the earth.

There has got to be more to life that this. There has got to be something bigger - a thing that could defeat the ultimate purpose of our seemingly futile existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment